I need some advice about Open-Source

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Wed Feb 12 18:59:21 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:58:04 -0600, Seth Dimbert wrote:
>The issues is not the scripts or the database; I know someone could easily
>write those... the problem is the server space. I need LOTS of it for an
>open-source project which, at best, might produce a little cash from
>donations and advertisements.

This is noble, but notice that you are in company with about 1,000
other high-bandwidth open source projects, all of which are vying for 10
such said pro bono servers/bandwidth packages. It's entirely possible,
but it will take a tremendous amount of work on your part. Go for it.

That said, here is a resource for the coding you will need to do:

http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Audio_Management/

-Jared