I need some advice about Open-Source

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Wed Feb 12 16:58:12 CST 2003

Kris,

Let me give some more information:

 - I'm talking about recordings between 10 - 40 minutes in length. I'm no
expert, but that's probably a minimum of 150MB and a max of around 500 or
so.

 - I'm talking about potentially hundreds of recordings; certainly dozens to
begin with.

 - If we say that we're talking about 25 recordings, each 200MB... that's
5GB of data... but, with time, the project will certainly grow to hundreds
and hundreds of gigabytes of data.

The issues is not the scripts or the database; I know someone could easily
write those... the problem is the server space. I need LOTS of it for an
open-source project which, at best, might produce a little cash from
donations and advertisements.

-SD