PGP presentation <lengthy>

Phoenician phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Tue Feb 11 22:41:52 CST 2003

<snip>
Actually, I would love to have as many experts/interested parties there
as possible. Perhaps we could all split the presentation time? Perhaps a
presentation panel discussion on public key crypto?

Also, I've never personally been to a key signing party. If you have,
Phoenician, what would you recommend we each bring along for such an event?
<snip>

Before an ID can be asserted the applicant needs the following:

1) - A Thawte Id. These are free.  Simply go to
http://www.thawte.com/html/COMMUNITY/personal/index.html review the
information
and click the 'Join' button on the left side of the screen.
Once you have completed your application you should shortly receive an email
outlining the steps needed to install and manage your certificate.
The initial certificate will only contain your email address.  In order for
your
credentials to be added to your certificate, you will need to have your Id
asserted
and at least 50 assertion points, once you have accumulate 100 points you
will be
able to act as a notary .

2) - A valid state or government issued photo id.
This can take the form of a drivers license, state id card, military id, or
passport..

3) - A secondary form of personal identification.
Typical examples are social security card, birth certificate, or any valid
form of id from above.
Example:  It is acceptable to present both a drivers license and a passport.

** Important: One of the ids presented MUST contain the identification
number used to
create your Thawte account.

For more information on what is expected of a notary:
http://www.thawte.com/html/COMMUNITY/wot/procedures.html

Hopefully I can get at least two other notaries to show up.  That will give
everyone
at least 50 points.

Questions anyone?  <grin>

- Michienne