How to remove spam from KCLUG for most subscribers.

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Mon Feb 10 22:19:10 CST 2003

The reason we all receive spam on this list is because we have
some subscribers who need to post from a separate account
than their actual list e-mail. What about creating another
majordomo, and linking the two?

The first one will be limited to subscribers-post only,
and people can sign on to either list: Either you can
sign on kclug2 at kclug.org with a different e-mail address,
or sign on kclug at kclug.org with the same e-mail address you
will post from.

kclug2 folks would receive spam (but less because of the
new name) -and- be able to retain their peculiar e-mail,
while kclug ones would receive no spam.

Simply add the kclug2 address to the kclug mailing list,
to facilitate a single mailing list address "kclug at kclug.org."

Seems like this shifts the cost of spam to the people
whose needs actually incur it. Let me know if I have
missed something obvious in this idea.

-Jared