Linux Router Help.

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Sat Feb 8 21:25:18 CST 2003

Hello all.

I'm at my wits end.  I want to set up a Linux router.  Very simple. :)  I have a network on one
side and a network on the other I want to route between. For some reason this is killing me.

I've searched for almost a week now.  Everything I can find has to do with firewalls or IP
masquerading.  I don't want to do any of that.  This would be used to route between two public
networks.  from what I've been reading, I should be able to do this just by turning IP Forwarding
on.  No go.  I've tried adding static routes, turning forwarding on, etc etc etc.

If anyone has done this and has experience with it, I'd greatly appreciate some advice or a link to
some better info.

Thanks,

Aaron