Outllook replacement

Benjamin Fisher dentariz at linuxmail.org
Tue Feb 4 23:59:38 CST 2003

Unfortunately, many college campus' don't use the latest versions of windows stuff, especially the
mail server.  Mostly because of the time involved - financial shortages, and (thus) staff
shortages.  On my campus where I am at, this semester they just upgraded to Exchange 5.0.  Exchange
2000 will probably never happen.  Unless I graduate first.  4.0 & 5.0 both don't work with
Evolution.  I still use evolution, and am able to receive all e-mail.  I am able to send e-mail
within the local network.  But not off-campus.  They system administrator's explanation was
far-fetched.  Then again, I don't know how MS Exchange does things.  Probably by scratching an
inode here and there at random with a paperclip.  Also is going through a MS Proxy supporting about
50 times the amount it can handle.  It could be either or one of them.  I don't really have a way
of telling.  Nothing in evolution fixes the problem, however.  I've spent a bit of time sniffing
here and there, but cannot real!
ly tell much about how it is doing things.  And, like I said, the administrator gave me some
half-witted, half-madeup explanation reminiscient of most MCSE's.  (c;  Oh well.

Ben