Starting Apache

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Mon Feb 3 15:56:34 CST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, jose sanchez wrote:

> I am experiencing a weird problem with apache. It was running fine until
> I tried to restart it becuase I made some changes to http.conf and now
> it doesn't want to start up. All I added to it was a VirtualHost

What does your apache error logs say?  When ever I make changes, I tail
the error logs in a terminal to watch for problems:

tail -f /var/log/apache2/error_log &

Your path and error file may be different.  The amperstand runs the
process in the background.  The errors will list exactly why startup
failed.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://dattaway.org                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150