new gentoo install - USE variables

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Sun Feb 2 04:04:28 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> I'll let everybody know how this goes.   Thank God for cable modem.  I'm
> getting 20-26 Kbps from ibiblio.org.

If you enjoy building a system to your exacting preferences, gentoo may be
your vice.

I'm afraid it is the popularity of gentoo that is pulling ibiblio's
bandwidth down.  Last year I was getting around 260KB/s.  I hope more
mirror sites will help volunteer.

I am always happy to answer any gentoo questions.  I may not know much
about anything with graphical programs such as Gnome or KDE, but I do like
hardware and command line issues.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://dattaway.org                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150