Video card compatiblity: ATI's new drivers

Tim Reid darkweb4 at gbronline.com
Wed Dec 31 00:42:44 CST 2003

I haven't see much of a thread as of late about vid cards with linux, so
here goes:

What is the latest, greatest thing that everyone is running?  (i'm
looking to upgrade to a 128MB DDR card.  Maybe a Radeon 9000 or 9200)
Has anyone looked at the drivers that ATI had released this month?  I
personally am not an avid gamer, but I'll play something once in a
while.  I also would like to try out a few 3D OSS games.

TIA for any comments,

Tim

PS.  Jason demoed a Real-Time strategy game that was run in WINE (this
was a few months ago).  Jason, what kind of vid card did you have in
that machine?