Kernal Config (was Lexmark Printer)

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Dec 30 13:48:32 CST 2003

Are you sure it's not loaded already?
typing 'lsmod' will show you the active modules.
You could just add ide-scsi to the modules.conf file,
but that might not work. Your best bet is to
add hdc=ide-scsi to your boot process. Where hdc is
whichever drive the CDR-RW is.
if you are using lilo.conf add this line and rerun lilo:

append hdc=ide-scsi

if using grub add 'hdc=ide-scsi' to this line(s) in the
menu.lst file:

(note existing line)
kernel /your-kernel root=/path/to/your/root/partition hdc=ide-scsi

Your line will probably look different. The key thing to remember here is
to find any lines that begin with the keyword 'kernel'.

That's all you should have to do. These files should be found under the /boot
or boot/grub directory.

HTH,
Brian

Note however that ide-scsi has been deprecated and will not be needed in kernel
2.6.