Spam on the LUG List

Hal Duston hduston at speedscript.com
Mon Dec 29 17:48:45 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 11:36, mike neuliep wrote:
> Hal, I've found a few security holes in Majordomo.  I think we'll make
> this a moderated list and we'll perhaps switch to mailman too, which I
> think is a bit more secure and also a bit more user friendly.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to make the list moderated.  Flamage
hasn't seemed to rise to the level of needing a solution now.  Merely
closing the list so non-subscribers cannot post would seem to be the
only solution we need to avail ourselves of at this time.

> I'll try and set this up in the next two weeks.  Also as soon as I can get
> some cash together I'm going to install a cisco router and use it as a
> filter.  I've written some nifty scripts to collect a bunch of spam lists,
> built them into an ACL and install it on the router.  	I'll keep in touch
> with you and the list over the next two weeks.

Thanks for all your support and efforts,

--
Hal