Printer Configuration

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Dec 24 17:02:53 CST 2003

You may have to open a browser and do a standard CUPS setup on the machines where you are not
getting the admin options

127.0.0.1:631

Not sure if this works for shared printers.  It is something I have been intending to setup on my
Morphix laptop, but I don't print much at home.  My wife has a semi-decent color USB printer on her
Windows 2000 PC.  (Don't f*** w/ my computer, it's working)  I currently have no chance of
converting her to Linux, it will have to be a slow change.  She didn't even want to try Abiword or
her "new" laptop for writing.  I had to install Office 97.

Somewhere in my mess of stuff I have a Laser printer that was given to me.  I have to see if I can
get it to work.  I think it needs a roller or something.

Brian Kelsay