kernel panic - SCSI

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Tue Dec 23 20:14:34 CST 2003

Is scsi0 properly terminated?

- Kevin

             "Leonard, Phil"
             <Phil.Leonard at dsi
             online.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  <kclug at kclug.org>
             owner-kclug at marau                                          cc
             der.illiana.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       FW: kernel panic - SCSI
             12/23/2003 02:04
             PM

             Just installed gentoo stage3 on an IBM Netfinity 4000R and I'm
getting the following kernel panic when I try to boot.  This is my first
attempt at installing gentoo.  What have I done wrong?

             Partition check:
              /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3
             ---- Detected aic7xxx hardware
             ---- Scanning for aic7xxx_old...PCI: Enabling device 02:0f.0
(0116 -> 0117)
             (scsi1) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at
PCI 2/15/0
             (scsi1) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
             (scsi1) Cables present (Int-50 NO, Int-68 YES, Ext-68 NO)
             (scsi1) Dounloading sequencer code... 436 instructions
downloaded
             scsi1 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI)
5.2.4/5.2.0
                     <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter>
             scsi0: Spurious SCSI interrupt
             scsi0: Spurious SCSI interrupt
             scsi0: Spurious SCSI interrupt
             scsi0:A:10:255 Attempt to issue message failed
             Kernel panic: HOST_MSG_LOOP with invalid SCB 0

             In interrupt handler - not syncing

             Thanks, Philip