What makes Linux great?

Michael Surkan msurkan at windows.microsoft.com
Fri Dec 19 22:02:54 CST 2003

I am a program manager at Microsoft doing some research around how we
can improve our operating systems. My goal is to help us identify
capabilities, improvements, and features that Microsoft should be
focusing on to help our customers over the next 5 years or so.

I am particularly interested in hearing from Linux users, and get their
input about what they feel should be the priorities. In particular, I
would like to better understand what it is that makes Linux and Open
Source solutions so useful for you.

If you would be willing to take a survey I have put together, please
write me at lnq at microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Michael Surkan

P.S. I did confirm with Jason Clinton that it was ok to post this note.