Radeon 7000 with Mandrake 9.2

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 19 04:08:36 CST 2003

At 09:39 PM 12/18/2003, you wrote:

>I finally bit the bullet and re-did my old work PC (PII-400/512Mb) with
>Mandrake 9.2.  The only problem is my old video card (Creative ?? 16mb)
>had streaking effect in any OS that had graphics.  I bought a cheap Radeon
>7000 at Microcenter the other day and tried it out.  The new "Mandrake on
>the Move" CD distro fired up and worked perfect, but I haven't had a lot
>of luck getting Mandrake 9.2 to do the same.  Any suggestions?
>
>-- Bradley Miller

You want to know the real clincher?  I decided to boot to my Mandrake on
the Move CD  . . . . well, the last one I burned, since my co-worker at
work loved my 1st copy so much he wanted it.   I guess my 2nd copy is hosed
(Windoze burn . . .)  I fired back up the system and this time X-Windows
wouldn't even fire up.  I changed the XF86Config-4 file because for some
mysterious reason it had wacked the driver setting.  I changed it to Driver
"radeon" and all the sudden it worked . . . perfectly ? ? ? ?  I've been
fighting this for two nights now . . weird how it all the sudden works.  Jeez.

Installing all the updates now for Mandrake . . 128Mb worth.  We'll see
what happens from there.

Bradley Miller, Owner/Programmer/Designer
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri
Phone: 816-228-3814             Fax: 775-254-6162
Toll-free: 888-872-4420 ICQ: 48555780