UPS & Linux

Daniel Siemens Dsiemens at kcimplants.com
Mon Dec 15 22:54:41 CST 2003

I have a current ups problem going on currently.   The UPS is a apc Smart 3000 and I'm trying to
get it working with the pbe_agent from APC's web site.  The software requires JAVA to be installed
and is a mess.   Does anyone know if this stuff works with snmp?

I have tried NUT (network UPS Tool) with some success in the past.   My last stumper has been with
Supermicro P4SGE mainboards and APC Backup UPS pro 1100's from Sams Club.   Whenever the unit goes
to battery, it locks up the computer.  Never did get this to work at all.

That's life with UPS's.   I have the apcups working great with a backup ups 500 model.