UPS & Linux

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 15 21:03:36 CST 2003

One that has software written for Linux. ;)
(I'm in a statement of the obvious mood)

For a specific recommendation I would have to agree
with Phil that APC is probably your best bet in Linux.
They were one of the first to start supporting Linux,
and seem to be the popular choice in Linux. Not sure
if the driver are still proprietary or not, but
there is apcupsd that should do all you need to do.
Just be careful of the model you buy and make sure it
is in the supported list. APC is a solid UPS maker.

Brian