Debian upgrade problems

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 15 15:23:45 CST 2003

Thanks for the help on this. Over the weekend,
I ran uninstall from dpkg and then apt-get -f install
and everything is ok now. Strange that when I tried to
uninstall from apt-get it failed but it worked from dpkg
flawlessly. Or maybe it had something to do with my
renaming of the installed files before running the uninstall.
Anyway now I now longer get apt-get errors and can continue
adding accessories to my debian laptop. So far I like debian,
but it needs better documentation. Or at least a good healthy
FAQ.

Thanks Chris and Brian for pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Brian