Associating an icon with a site

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sun Dec 14 04:15:06 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 10:14, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Ok, I figure at least Jason should know this one:
>
> How do you associate an icon with your web site, so that the icon appearsin
> title bars and as automatically added desktop shortcuts?

Didn't know if you got a good answer to your question.

Two ways:

1. The Old-Fashioned Way: put an icon file (.ico) in the root of your
web site directory and name it favicon.ico.

2. The New-Fashioned Way: reference an icon file (.ico) or PNG file
somewhere in your site hierarchy and put something like this in your
<head></head> section:

<link REL="shortcut icon" HREF="/images/icon.png" TYPE="image/x-png">

or something of the sort.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>