Debian dual boot install... easy peasy?

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Sat Dec 13 17:45:55 CST 2003

> Tulip driver is VERY common; I can't imagine it not being there.
> Try typing "locate tulip" (no quotes) and see what you get.

I'm looking for the driver in the debian install stuff...so...I go into
"Configure Device Driver Modules" section, and then in the net drivers, and
I don't see it.  When I try to use "Configure Network", it tells me that no
network device was found etc.  So, thats when I try to add the module.  But
not seeing it, I'm not sure what to do next.

I suppose I can load these modules from a floppy...I believe there is an
option to load additional modules.  Is this what that option is for?

I'll continue to read up on support forums.

Thanks,
Matt

> > > The LNE100TX used to use the tulip driver, but perhaps they changed
the
> > > chip set in v 5.1
> >
> > I read some things about the Tulip driver online as well....but I don't
see
> > it in the list of choices.  Is that something I could download, and
install
> > from a disk during the debian install?
> >
> > Matt

EtherFast