Securing Postfix.

Patrick pert at tas-kc.com
Fri Dec 12 22:29:52 CST 2003

It is pretty secure by default. Check to see if you have added any
domains/IP networks  as local.

Check any changes you have made to the main.cf also check to see if you
are calling anything from another file that may have a command secretly
snuck in them.

in particular mydomain/mydestination these should not affect relaying
since it thinks it is these domains.

but then you have a section called Trust & Relay Control make sure you
don't trust outside machines/nets.

Perhaps you have a hacked box or weak POP before SMTP/SMTP auth setup.

I suggest using the ISP's mail server for sending mail if you have
remote users. Then you can control your local net. Check the logs
perhaps you have a hijacked PC inside your network