Debian dual boot install... easy peasy?

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Fri Dec 12 21:09:09 CST 2003

> | How tough is a dual boot install of debian?  I'm probably setting
> everything
> | up manually right?  (partitioning, boot loader, fstab etc etc.)
>
> It's pretty easy. Add:
> other=/dev/hda1
> ~  label="Windows(hda1)"
>
> to lilo.conf.  Replace hda1 with the partition containing windows.  run
> "lilo" at the command prompt, and it should show up on your next reboot.

So, basically, it would be like:

-Have some unpartitioned space on a hdd in my box.
-Install debian normally in that space - making sure to install lilo
-Boot after install, and it should boot only to debian.
-Add lines to lilo.conf to add windows to boot menu.
-Live happily ever after.

That about it?

Matt