Debian dual boot install... easy peasy?

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Fri Dec 12 20:00:42 CST 2003

Hey Guys.  I've been running debian on a little webserver for a while now,
and I'm completely hooked on how apt works, and I'm used to debian as well.

So, searching for an easy to install solution for my desktop, I installed
Mandrake.  It's running fine and everything, but I am missing the coolness
of debian.

The reason I didn't install debian on the desktop was because it also has
WindowsXP on it.  RH and Mandrake do a good job of dummy proofing the dual
boot setup.

How tough is a dual boot install of debian?  I'm probably setting everything
up manually right?  (partitioning, boot loader, fstab etc etc.)

Matt