World's Smallest Webserver?

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Fri Dec 12 06:27:42 CST 2003

KRFinch at dstsystems.com wrote:

>I remember reading about this one on Slashdot awhile ago.  Probably be able
>to make one even smaller now.  Looks like it's not up anyway.  From:
>http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/~shri/iPic-demo.html
>
>"Note: 1 Sep 1999: The iPic web-server is currently off-line, it will be
>back shortly. Meantime, please visit the mirror site below. "
>
>Maybe it got slashdotted?????
>
>- Kevin
>

>             Jonathan Hutchins
>             <hutchins at tarcanf
>             el.org>                                                    To
>             Sent by:                  kclug at kclug.org
>             owner-kclug at marau                                          cc
>             der.illiana.net
>                                                                   Subject
>                                       World's Smallest Webserver?
>             12/11/2003 08:40
>             AM
>

>Check this out: http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/~shri/iPic.html
>
>Very small computer configured as a web server, running over serial for
>some
>reason.

this came up in pop science? and cnn a while back maybe as early as 98
about the posibility of appliances having their own webserver and in the
future posibly being able to page you if it detects say the compresser
going out or somthing.  mild speculation on posibilites etc

the serial may be from the powerline communication (posibly,  guesing)
i know the x10 stuf has serial coms over the power wires