Mozilla 1.6.b

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 12 04:12:40 CST 2003

I have been using Mozilla 1.5 for about a month and it doesn't work that
way.  It will block all unrequested sites and has the option to allow
some - and it works very well!  I used the wifes machine yesterday
(without blocking) to hit a site I use all the time and was rudely
reminded about all the damn pop-ups it generates!

But even better is the Email anti-spam!!!   In the last 5 days it has
blocked 57 spam.  It missed 2 or 3 new ones and snagged one from a
company I do business with that really WAS spam.

All in all I am REALLY pleased with 1.5 except for the reminder that
starts coming up to let you know that the software is over four weeks
old.  It was the latest stable release when I loaded it last month.  My
test machine is down right now and I use this machine for my
'production' desktop.  I like to stay just off the bleeding edge with
the machines I use to get things done.  Heck, I tend to find enough
trouble in stable releases to satisfy my trouble shooting needs these days.

Gene Dascher wrote:

>>From (as far as I know) Mozilla 1.3 onwards, the new "unrequested
>>windows" policy was "Allow All, Deny Some".  In other words, allow all of
>>them, deny only the ones you know are spam.  Since this means you have to
>>be spammed and waste bandwidth loading a popup *before* you can deny it,
>>it means hours of work for you, especially now that spammers are using
>>randomized URLs.
>>

>I have been using Firebird 0.7 for Linux and Windows and the Popup blocker does not work this way.
 It has a "Deny All/Allow Some",
>so I can allow my Bank website to open popup windows, but no one else.  I could be wrong about
Mozilla, as I stopped using it after

--

The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't
for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.
--Jay Leno