Multilink

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Dec 11 22:04:14 CST 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 11:11 am, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> No, Scott Adams worked with ISDN in the very early 90s.

Perhaps he used it to send cartoons?

> And ISDN may well have been that horrible in the late 80s
> to early 90s.

I saw some of the first ISDN modems, and was working in the field when SWB
made ISDN available.  Prior to that I was a BBS SysOp who was pretty involved
in developing the software, and worked with European SysOps who were early
adopters.

> Clearly it has advanced considerably since then.  :)

Actually, it's pretty much where it was in the late 90's when DSL and Cable
Modems made it obsolete.

Actually, that's not entirely true, a friend installed one around 2000 just
before AT&T made CM service available in N.W. Washington, and I ordered
provisioning of a couple lines in Jeff City early this year.  It's still an
option for areas that don't have broadband.  It never reached a reasonable
price point though, that's for sure.