Mozilla 1.6.b

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Thu Dec 11 21:53:21 CST 2003

> From (as far as I know) Mozilla 1.3 onwards, the new "unrequested
> windows" policy was "Allow All, Deny Some".  In other words, allow all of
> them, deny only the ones you know are spam.  Since this means you have to
> be spammed and waste bandwidth loading a popup *before* you can deny it,
> it means hours of work for you, especially now that spammers are using
> randomized URLs.

I have been using Firebird 0.7 for Linux and Windows and the Popup blocker does not work this way.
It has a "Deny All/Allow Some",
so I can allow my Bank website to open popup windows, but no one else.  I could be wrong about
Mozilla, as I stopped using it after
1.2, but your assesment does not sound right.  Can anyone else verify this?

Gene