[OT] Win2k3 + DOS = need linux

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Dec 9 18:23:00 CST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 10:31 am, DCT Jared wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:23:17 -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> >Anybody have a FoxPro => MySQL convertor?

> Depends on version. Text always works:
> Export to text CSV and then import CSV back into MySQL.

I think one of the issues would be that FoxPro databases usually involve a
fairly complet user interface written in the FoxPro language.  Sure,
transferring the data is trivial, but what about the interface/application?

This is an issue with MS Access "databases" too, it's seldom just the data
that need to be migrated.

Are there tools to assist in these migrations, or are you pretty much stuck
with exploring the application interface and attempting to duplicate the
function in a new language?