[OT] Win2k3 + DOS = need linux

James Sissel James.Sissel at labone.com
Tue Dec 9 14:30:35 CST 2003

>I have a customer that is using a DOS application which
>uses an old version of Foxpro for its database.  I recently set up a
>Windows 2k3 server and a VPN tunnel to their remote site.  I have
>them set up to use terminal services from the remote to
>the main and run the DOS app on the server.  I have since found
>out that you can't run a DOS window full screen in a terminal
>services session.  Though you can run it in a window but one
>terminal services session, running a DOS app, eats 98% of the
>CPU and I need to run 2 of these sessions.  So, I know bandwidth
>isn't the problem its Windows server (go figure )

First question, why are you running FoxPro on the server?  Run it on the
workstation and leave the data on the server.

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting at labone.com