Samba Server Configuration, (Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 04:09:35 CST 2003

Ian Collins wrote:

>I am having problems configuring Samba Server, I am running x windows on
>a RH Enterprise workstation. When I try to pull up samba server on a
>remote windows xp machine I get a message that says that I do not have
>the right permissions to access the server. What am I doing wrong?

You have to have a user account and password on the remote windows
machine that the share exists on.  You are not really configuring Samba
Server, you are configuring your machine as a client.  A Samba server
would have shares that would appear to Winders users if the shares were
on a Winders PC or server.