Opl3sa2

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Dec 5 21:40:58 CST 2003

Since we were speaking of sound on that Thinkpad, I might as well ask my question.  Anybody have
the Yamaha opl3sa2 sound chip, using either the module opl3sa2 or w/ support compiled in the
kernel?  I am going to compile the 2.4.23 kernel w/ support for my sound chip, but I don't know the
exact line to pass to the kernel in lilo.conf.  I have tried without success to load the module on
a 2.4.21 and earlier kernel, but couldn't get something right on the options to pass to initialize
it.  Mine appears to be a ISA non-PnP type.  Odd in a laptop, I know, but lspci and the isapnp
tools don't see the chip.   If you could post your parameters exactly as you put them in lilo,
grub, modprobe, etc it would be helpful.  I can then alter for my settings.