Sound on my Thinkpad 600e, & the wireless card

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Dec 5 21:15:45 CST 2003

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html shows
D-Link  	802.11g  	DWL-G650  	Cardbus  	Atheros

	HW version A1 is PrismGT:B1 is Atheros

D-Link 	802.11g 	DWL-G650+ 	Cardbus 	TI

So you probably need the Atheros dirver, looks like newer versions need the TI driver, which I
recently read is still under development. YMMV.
http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~presnell/Laptop/dwl-g650.txt looks promising.  He is even using Red Hat.
As of 11/01/03 he is using the madwifi driver.

http://team.vantronix.net/ar5k/
Finally search this: http://hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wireless.html  He is a
programmer that works for HP.  I got instructions on my card that led me to get it to work.

Brian

Well, I've got a IBM thinkpad 600e, and just finished installing Redhat
9.  I have not been able to get the sound working, and I have a d-link
DWL-G650 network card, and I have ben unable to get it to work on Redhat.

What should I do?  (Hopefully I'll be at the install-fest coming up).