OOFonts

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Dec 5 20:33:28 CST 2003

Was the MS arial a true type font? Or a stock arial font?
What is the scarab font's font family? Generally speaking,
fonts are replaced based on the closest characteristic font.
You could try putting in a support request to Sun. They just
announced full support for OO. Some of it free. It'd be worth
a shot to see if they really mean it or just blowing smoke. I
think there is also a way to set a preference in OO on how to
replace fonts. This may just be a bad default behavior. Let
me know if you find an answer to this, as OO is my primary suite,
but have not used it much for trans-OS (yeah I just created that word)
documents.