RedHat 7.2 & 7.3 updates

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Dec 4 18:12:31 CST 2003

I think I said here that I thought there would be an incentive for people to
get together and provide continuing updates and support for RedHat's 7x
platform, since it's a perfectly adequate platform for a lot of uses. Many of
these people have an investment in a 7x server, and can't afford either the
time and resources to upgrade or the new Microsoft-like licensing prices.

Sure enough, here comes Progeny with a "transition service" that offers the
same updates that RHN has been supplying, for the same price, and at a
monthly instead of yearly subscription fee:
http://www.progeny.com/products/transition/

They're the first to be mentioned on Slashdot, I doubt that they'll be the
last.