Suse

Matthew Freeland matthew at mfreeland.net
Wed Aug 27 05:40:29 CDT 2003

I use SuSE on both my personal server and my laptop.  I love it.  I've tried
Mandrake, Redhat, and SuSE, and SuSE is what I've stuck with.  The hardware
detection is great.  It also seems a lot more polished and refined than other
distributions.  Everything just works.  The only qualm I had was trying to
get DVD playing to work, as SuSE provides crippled players for legal reasons.
I run it as a server for apache, telnet, ssh, sendmail, and ftp, and it was
very easy to setup.  I would highly recommend it.  Also, SuSE does allow
users to install the the OS on multiple machines, and the update service is
free on all computers it is installed upon.  I tried the latest version of
Redhat and really hated it.  I would go SuSE.