Mandrake MNF

Jeffrey Cady jcady at unicorntheatre.org
Mon Aug 11 17:12:15 CDT 2003

I just wanted to thank Jonathan and others on the list for the wealth of
info on Shorewall and MNF. I had read the Shorewall documentation which
is how I figured out how to manually configure the various config files.
Ultimately that is what I have been doing and it seems to be working
really well. I have been able to set up a DMZ of sorts to play online
games through, and secure the rest of my network. After going through
the many of the links I still can't figure out where the GUI is getting
its configuration info from. Since I can use this product without the
GUI I don't really need it, I am just curious as to how it works and why
I wasn't able to configure it properly while using the GUI. The nice
thing about the GUI is that it gives me a graphical representations of
traffic on all 3 interfaces, and a nice graphic log of various probes
and other scanning activity. Thanks again for all the great info.