The relevance of grammar

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Aug 8 17:33:55 CDT 2003

Kris Bodenheimer wrote:

> I am in the lug because I like helping other people.  I also believe
> that there is still a bit of mentoring that HAS to occur in order to
> bring up the next round of linux experts.

Very good point.  The companies in this town and others who don't hire
entry-level people are going to feel the pain in a few years time.

> To sum up, the words Liberal Arts are NOT printed anywhere on my
> engineering degree.

They are on mine, but I don't think it's something to be ashamed of.
I just came up a different path.  Started as an Engineering student,
because my school councelors didn't think to recommend Computer Science
to me.  I think I would have been much better suited to that discipline.
  Can you make it through Comp. Sci. without Calculus?  That was my
downfall.  I did horribly on Calc. tests although I understood the class
material.

> Some of us are so good, that we come to work in cut-off shorts, and a
> wifebeater, and my clients in suits still suck up more than a convention
> of vacuum cleaner salesman.

I bow to your superior "mad skillz".  And that was well said, by the way.

--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC