job future looks bleak in the NEAR term

Patrick Thurmond p_thurmond at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 19:18:34 CDT 2002

To tell you the truth, I (and probably most of us) am no whining or concerned about the economic
downturn. I know better than to believe those financial jackasses on wall street. The problem is
there are few jobs open in the IT field, thats all there is to it. The ones that are open require
extraordinary amounts of experience or lots of programming knowledge, neither of which a network
admin based tech would have. Frankly I would predict that headhunters are going to start going out
of business too, because they don't have anywhere near as many companies hiring headhunters because
of a lack of jobs to fill. I really don't care what the economy is saying because the retards who
make up those damn numbers just don't have enough information to make a guess that is even close to
accurate. What I am REALLY tired of is those damn IT training advertisements that keep saying
"There will be over 600,000 IT positions going unfilled this year alone". I'm sorry but if there
are so many !
job openings, then why is it so hard to get a job in the field right now? Its because they are
feeding the stupid with a line of shit! Plus at the same time they are making it harder for us to
find jobs because they are over saturating the market with prospective employees expecting big
bucks. Hell I am barely making enough to make ends meet. It sucks and special circumstances are
what are enabling me to make rent, but if I were to move somewhere else I would go bottom up in
rent. I hate making way too little money. It sucks, but all I can do is keep on trucking and hope I
get a break.

-Patrick

DCT Jared Smith wrote:>Hmm, maybe it's time for a career change. Maybe I should go back to
>school and get that degree in aerospace engineering [specialty in rocket
>science]. or maybe a law degree? Nah no good at lying.

Regarding Abraham Lincoln's ideas of lawyers and lying:

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/lawlect.htm

Regarding the "job future bleak in the NEAR term":

You can be defeatist if you want; those who maintain the attitude
of perseverence will get, and keep, jobs in times like this. I
recently quit my job (well-paying and secure despite my own
inefficient production). Why? Because I refuse to believe in
the economic downturn. In a year I expect to be able to
hire my first employee, and more thereafter. The last thing
this country needs right now is people who "give in" to the
idea that an economic downturn is cause for personal woe.

A bleak job future is bleak only for those who believe it is.
I refuse to believe it, and by the grace of God, I'll prove it over
the next year. I encourage you to do the same, not to give
up so easily. Be strong; keep going. You have no job? Create
one.

-Jared