job future looks bleak in the NEAR term

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Mon Sep 30 11:54:56 CDT 2002

It's a good story, but don't get all excited.  Infoworld is notorious
for predicting shortages like this.  They completely missed the boat on
the fact that once all the Y2K projects started to wind down there would
be a glut of people looking for work.  In fact, they were still
predicting an incredible number of surplus jobs for the 2001/2002/2003
time frame.

Of course, you really can't blame 'em, my former employer blew that call
too!  I even asked the VP what was going to happen in July 2001 when
they didn't need as many bodies and I was told they would have lots of
work for us all.  Of course she was right.  They waited until January
2002 to hold the I/T blood bath!