PVRs

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Mon Sep 30 09:25:33 CDT 2002

I have a couple of questions for you:

Can you play it back on your TV, or are you stuck watching it on the PC
monitor?
How good does it look (on TV or PC)?

I am doing something similar with Smallville, but I am using my DVCamcorder
as a pass through for a VCR to record the show. (I plan on getting a
standalone analog to DV conversion box next year so my DVCam won't be tied
up every Tuesday at 8!)  I edit out commercials and convert it to VCD format
to watch on my DVD player.  The only problem with this is that the initial
storage requirements are quite hefty.  1 hour of video weighs in at about
13GB!  The final VCD format file weighs in at about 10MB/minute.

Later,
Gene