Ask RoadRunner to Mirror Mandrake

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Sep 27 18:34:56 CDT 2002

I thought I'd restate this to get it under a proper subject line and maybe
get some more folks involved:

>From previous discussions of bandwidth and such, it's apparent that a number
of KCLUG subscribers are on the KC RoadRunner network.  Several of us are
interested in getting the ISO's of the new Mandrake 9.0 release, and we
would like RR to cache/mirror them on their internal servers.  This will
benefit them because there will be less external load from people trying to
pull the iso's from other mirrors, it will benefit us because we will be
able to connect and download at the full capacity of the internal net.

If you're interested, please send a message to support at kc.rr.com, preferably
from your rr mail account, explaining that they will benefit from the
reduced external bandwidth use and it would be nice for us too.

If you have other ideas and/or suggestions fire away.