Mandrake 9.0 is out

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Sep 27 17:37:15 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy" <mbellamy at kc.rr.com>

> I bet they're out there somewhere, you just need to know someone who'll
> give you the URL.  This is a GREAT idea.  If they can block access to
> their news server for just customers, they could do the same for servers
> hosting these resources.  I wouldn't be a huge bandwidth drain either
> since we're all on their network.

It would save recourses for them - the load wouldn't hit their external
interfaces and lines.  I doubt they pay per-use for their external
bandwidth, but I do know that the choke points on most of my downloads are
external to their net, so it would lighten the load for other users.

I'll fire off a note to support.  Anybody else on RoadRunner want to request
mirroring the iso's?