cluster

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Wed Sep 25 14:50:36 CDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 mgoins at kcp.com wrote:

> We need a place to house this modern wonder of Linuxism. Does anyone have
> space and bandwidth to spare?

Would something like this do?
http://www.dustindecker.com/Photographs/Bombshelter/

I'll have 36 ports of switched 10/100 available by the end of the month,
and ample UPS equipment (a handful of APC BackUPS Pro 1100's).  I would
need a bit of help getting better airflow into the room if anyone is
handy enough to get me through cinder blocks.

I've got a cable modem in house at the moment, with three DHCP addresses
available. I am only a couple blocks away from the central office so
most flavors of DSL work out nice.  I've had SWBell enhanced
[5.99mbps/384kbps] and Sprint ION [8mbps/1mbps] in the past, and both
performed at the top of technological limits... dropped SWBell because
they couldn't get billing figured out - and sadly ION died a horrible
death.

I'm considering looking into the sDSL offering from SWBell at some
point, which is essentially 1.54mbps both ways.  Comes in at $300.00ish
a month unfortunately - very hard to sell to the wife when you consider
how unjustified it is.

Dustin
--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | It is common sense to take a method and |
| 913.579.7117                | try it. If it fails, admit it frankly   |
*-----------------------------| and try another.  But above all, try    |
                              | something.                              |
                              |		-- Franklin D. Roosevelt        |