CDs for ITEC, et al.

A Duston hald at sound.net
Sun Sep 22 19:43:43 CDT 2002

Tony Hammitt wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> ITEC is a general purpose technology trade show.  They have them
> in the fall each year at Bartle Hall downtown.  This year Matt
> Szulik, CEO of RedHat is going to give a keynote.  More to the point,
> KCLUG gets a "free" booth ($90 for a power drop) and free "$20" tickets
> that they never actually charge anyone for.  There are lots of attendees
> wandering around looking for free stuff, we usually give out CDs and
> pamphlets promoting the club and Free Software.
>
> Jared, do you have a whole lot of business cards printed up?  We
> could stick them in the CD enveolopes...
>
> We also need volunteers for not only manning the booth, but bringing
> things like:
>
> a 10x10' carpet chunk, preferrably blue or black folding chairs
> a folding table computers with Linux installed that make good demo
> computers (and that you don't mind other people playing with)
> maybe a windoze client to show off samba or a box with VMWare on it
> running windoze
>
> If I'm able to attend, I'll bring my laser printer to show off
> how nice the output looks from a linux box or how easy it is to set
> up.  Plus then we could print pamphlets and stuff instead of having
> to run out and get things copied.
>
> Anyway, we need to figure out who's doing what for the show.

I've got the table and chairs (which we never really sat in last
year, but. . .)  I also plan on bringing several machines as well.
If I get the PowerMac built out before then I'll bring that, but
somebody would need to burn a ppc distro for me.  *hint*, *hint*

I _may_ be able to scrounge up a keyboard and mouse, but I need
to track down a SVGA monitor <--> PowerMac adapter.  Once I verify
the machine does indeed work, I'll probably purchase my own from
Microcenter.  Will a keyboard and mouse from an original Mac work
on this machine?

Hal