Register.com says rival duped customers

Mark Hutchings desynergy at onebox.com
Fri Sep 20 17:42:38 CDT 2002

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-955733.html?tag=cd_mh

"Register.com has sued Domain Registry of America, claiming the company
illegally lured away thousands of customers by tricking them into transferring
their domains. In the complaint, filed last month in federal court in
New York, Register.com claims Domain Registry of America mined its public
customer database and then sent promotional mailings that appeared to
be affiliated with Register.com, asking customers to renew their Web
addresses."

Whoa...that's the pot calling the kettle black. I receive a lot of offers
from Register.com that seem deceptive to me. It's like they are trying
to trick unsuspecting webmasters into transferring their domains to them.
Go figure.

--
Mark Hutchings
desynergy at onebox.com - email