Job Skills - was Re: Tech-support Hall of Shame

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Sep 20 17:40:37 CDT 2002

On 20 Sep 2002, JD Runyan wrote:

> America does not have casts.  You are born into castes, and there are
> few if any ways to ever cross into a new cast.  We certainly have
> classes, but there are no restrictions that prevent you from changing
> classes.   There are certainly hurdles, and some may seem
> insurmountable(sp?), but they are not as others have proven throughout
> our history.  America may have an Aristocracy, but not casts.

Its great America allows one to grow and prosper. My first five years in
life were in a small one bedroom house. Mom and dad made many sacrifices
to have a better future.  Because my sister and I brown-baged our lunch in
public schools is the reason why we were able to graduate from college
many years later.  We now own nice houses.  I did not consider my early
years as a "lower class" lifestyle, but a starting point.  Everyone has to
start from somewhere and find gainful employment.