kde heavy

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Sep 20 15:58:11 CDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, david nicol (list subscriptions) wrote:

> >>Hey does anybody know what is the most lightweight
> >>window manager? default KDE is HEAVY. I need something
> >>that doesn't crunch through 1000 lines of code for

> you can remove a lot of the frills from KDE and that might cheer it up.
>
> twm is the smallest one that is ubiquitous, fvwm is small and still has
> features, debian has a little one that is very minimal but I forget what
> it was called.

I use enlightenment.  Its pretty compact, with clickable features that can
scale it from a 486 processor with low memeory to the latest processor and
gigabytes of ram for imaging.  Everything from customizable keybindings
and mouse tricks are configurable up to transparent windows and other
fancy eye candy.