Job Skills - was Re: Tech-support Hall of Shame

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Fri Sep 20 15:27:52 CDT 2002

As the interviewer, I offer my hand.  If the woman does not shake my
hand, then she is rude.  A handshake alone does not eliminate you from
the job pool, but a poor handshake certainly sets a bad tone.  A limp
handshake shows either you don't care, or you lack confidence.  An
overly agressive handshake is generally an attempt to intimidate.  I'm
never impressed if my hand hurts after a handshake, it to sets a bad
tone.  Whether you like it or not, you are judged by this.

--
Jason D. Runyan
USDA NITC KC