Qmail front end?

I am Spartacus spartacus at home.aafp.org
Fri Sep 20 02:33:07 CDT 2002

I spent a lot of time over the last month looking for the same thing.  I
finally resigned to writing it myself.  Basically, I have QMail doing
it's SMTP, POP and IMAP user authentication against a MySQL table.  That
part was a real pain to set up, but once it was done, writing the
web-based front-end was a breeze since I could just use Perl and the DBI
to modify the MySQL records and a basic system call to create the
maildir for new users.

If you want a more detailed explanation on this, contact me directly and
I would be happy to help.

Shannon Merritt
Internet Systems Administrator
American Academy of Family Physicians