Getting cable

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 02:19:41 CDT 2002

When I originally had cable (and dove into it eyes
closed...) I had only one box. It was a dual boot RH
6/ win 98, and the I wanted the Linux to be on the
net, and couldnt care less bout the doze. My wife used
office for school and work, and had no need to be on
the net with it. She was actually fine with Opera, so
surfing the net on Linux was ok for her. The installer
first told me that I would have to get windows before
I could get on the internet. I was eventually able to
explain what it was that I had... of course, we got to
talking. He didnt believe in firewals or AV, and was
quite the doze kind of guy. I guess he liked the
thrill of "format C:"...